Skip to main content

Everyone Believes in Something


No matter where you grew up or who you grew up with, you grew up believing in something. The outside world or those in your inner circle as a kid helped shape who have become today. 

Those upbringings put us in a place of believing in something. Some of those things that we believed as kids we wished we could forget and still are trying to overcome. Some of those things that we believed as kids put us on a path of helping and inspiring others right from the get go. 

No matter what you believe, You and I have an opportunity to change things for the better or enhance what is strength in us. 

How much of the day do you spend with yourself? If you are like me it’s 100% of the day whether I’m asleep or wake, I’m always with myself. I like you, have the greatest opportunity to influence myself day in and day out.  What I say about myself and what I think about myself day-to-day puts me on a path that I start believing in something. I shape my days with these thoughts and actions and put them into play in my daily interactions. Some days I hurt people. Some days I inspire people. All days I have a choice. All days I start believing in something.

The last two years I have struggled within myself and let negative self-talk and doubt creep in and I started believing in something, that I am not good enough. Do you ever feel that way? If you have you are not alone. 

Here's what I learned to believe. I am not my past. Those roots I planted as a kid that I no longer want to be a part of my life, I have an opportunity to make them better or eliminate. Those roots I planted as a kid that I believe make me stronger in my interaction with those who are around I have an opportunity to share and help them grow. But this can only be done through the things I say to myself daily. Sure I may mess up but I'm not doomed. Sure I may make a mistake but it does not define me. Sure I may disappoint someone but I have an opportunity to make it right. Sure I am not always right but who is?

If You and I start talking to ourselves in a way that gives us hope than we have a great opportunity in believing in something that will change our lives and help those around us and help ourselves. 

You spend all day with yourself so why not start dropping positive messages to yourself to keep your mind right and your soul set in a positive direction. 

I want to believe in something and that something is that You and I are meant for great things no matter what the day brings. 

God is Good. His grace redeems. His Love carries. 

STAND FIRM. STAND STRONG. LET’S ROLL. 

#RootedInStrengthCA 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cost

10, 9,... They said count backwards from 10. I didn’t make it past nine. Twelve hours later I opened my eyes (the whole thing took 16 hours). All was blurry, nothing was in focus. I felt heavy, I hurt, I was caged, I had trouble swallowing, and I felt different. Have you ever voluntarily put yourself in a situation where the outcome is not guaranteed, but if you don't, and stay where are at, you progress to being paralyzed or even run the risk of death if you do nothing? This is my story of a second chance at life after my brain surgery and a cost I was willing to take for me, my wife, and my future family (two beautiful amazing kids)! You have a story of a second chance as well with all you have been through.  Let the choices you make in a positive and impactful way cost you everything because the Cost to do nothing is far more expensive. You are worth the cost and so are those you serve around you that need you to make choices. Every day you are going to be presented ...

Why do you fight?

Why do you fight? Do you get up every morning or go to bed every night and know what you are willing to fight for? Not every fight is the same. Some fights in life last longer than others and some fights you just have to walk away from. Those that you had to walk away from are not because you were not good enough, it just wasn't your time or that fight was not meant to be won by you.  Be fast, be quick, be ready to stand your ground as your fight is not over. The previous fight that you fought will prepare you for the next one. If you get knocked down get back up and help teach others to do the same.  Fight the good fight. Someone is going to need your strength to stand up for them. Someone is going to need you in their corner. Someone is going to need you lead them or help them up when they fall in their fight.  Fight for the weak. Fight for the less fortunate. Fight for the underdog. Fight for love. Fight for hope. Fight for good. Fight for your dreams....

Hang On

There comes a point in your life when ends are not meeting. Nothing you are doing is going right. You feel like everything you do is not worthy of your voice or your actions. Things happens around you that make you doubt yourself, why you are here, right now, at this point in time, in the position or the place you are in   I got news for you. It’s a season. It won’t last long. It can’t last forever. It can’t break you. It can’t take your love. It can’t take your soul. It can’t take your spirit   Hang on just a little longer. Hang onto Hope. Hang onto Faith. Keep your head up. Don’t give up.  You’re just around the corner of light in the darkness. Hang On. Keep your head up. There is someone right around the corner that God has placed or will place in your life to bring you back from the end of your rope. Hang On.  I love you!  STAND FIRM. STAND STRONG. LET’S ROLL. #RootedInStrengthCA