Skip to main content

Go Off!



How many times have you backed down, sacrificed, or backed off for the fear of failure or disappointment? 


I do this daily for fear of disappointing others or letting them down. I dislike disappointing people. I beat myself up when I do and I feel I do this often not by choice but by having unrealistic expectations of myself to please others. 


I struggle to overcome my demons daily. They make me doubt my passion, my love for people, and my zest for helping people reach their full potential. 


Are you willing to fight?


I’m willing to fight and bleed daily even through all the struggles, fear of failure, or disappointing people. I’m ready to Go Off and I hope you are too.


You and I have fought through unimaginable things in different chapters of our lives, it’s time for us to show off and Go Off! 


It’s time to work and build a foundation you can lean on. A place in your soulful office that belongs to you and only you. A place where your hustle happens. A place that houses your uniqueness. A place where you store your scars from all your struggles and catastrophic events that gave you a come back. 


My struggles to learn English as a young kid didn’t keep me down, I was ready to Go Off even If I didn’t know it to be passionate about helping my family at an early age to translate between bill collectors, negotiating to buy items to translate between school personnel and my parents to bridge language and educational barriers. 


The loss of loved ones in my life broke my heart and it felt like the world around me crumbled but instead I held their legacy in my heart and I was ready to Go Off and love others with Crazy Love. 


My fear of death before my brain surgery to help my life expectancy or to help slow my debilitation process and not knowing if life would be an option but I put my Faith, Hope, and Love in God and little did I know He would help me Go Off and fight through hell. 


The failure of my first administration attempt because I lacked the educational skill set to overcome hurdles I set mentally to sabotage my progress and instead realize I had people to lead, people to witness to, and model for people what a come back looks like which helped me Go Off and be at the top of my class to overachieve in my administration program. 


What can we do today to Go Off and build a foundation that no matter the outcome we are not left with the fear of failure or disappointment that lingers in our life to keep us down? 


Finish what you started. Don’t hold onto people's unrealistic expectations.  Don’t sacrifice your dreams to please others. Work hard through your struggles and failures. Stay the course. You've already overcome huge obstacles in our life,  Go get it, Go Off! Show off what makes you beautiful!


#RootedInStrengthCA 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cost

10, 9,... They said count backwards from 10. I didn’t make it past nine. Twelve hours later I opened my eyes (the whole thing took 16 hours). All was blurry, nothing was in focus. I felt heavy, I hurt, I was caged, I had trouble swallowing, and I felt different. Have you ever voluntarily put yourself in a situation where the outcome is not guaranteed, but if you don't, and stay where are at, you progress to being paralyzed or even run the risk of death if you do nothing? This is my story of a second chance at life after my brain surgery and a cost I was willing to take for me, my wife, and my future family (two beautiful amazing kids)! You have a story of a second chance as well with all you have been through.  Let the choices you make in a positive and impactful way cost you everything because the Cost to do nothing is far more expensive. You are worth the cost and so are those you serve around you that need you to make choices. Every day you are going to be presented ...

Why do you fight?

Why do you fight? Do you get up every morning or go to bed every night and know what you are willing to fight for? Not every fight is the same. Some fights in life last longer than others and some fights you just have to walk away from. Those that you had to walk away from are not because you were not good enough, it just wasn't your time or that fight was not meant to be won by you.  Be fast, be quick, be ready to stand your ground as your fight is not over. The previous fight that you fought will prepare you for the next one. If you get knocked down get back up and help teach others to do the same.  Fight the good fight. Someone is going to need your strength to stand up for them. Someone is going to need you in their corner. Someone is going to need you lead them or help them up when they fall in their fight.  Fight for the weak. Fight for the less fortunate. Fight for the underdog. Fight for love. Fight for hope. Fight for good. Fight for your dreams....

Hang On

There comes a point in your life when ends are not meeting. Nothing you are doing is going right. You feel like everything you do is not worthy of your voice or your actions. Things happens around you that make you doubt yourself, why you are here, right now, at this point in time, in the position or the place you are in   I got news for you. It’s a season. It won’t last long. It can’t last forever. It can’t break you. It can’t take your love. It can’t take your soul. It can’t take your spirit   Hang on just a little longer. Hang onto Hope. Hang onto Faith. Keep your head up. Don’t give up.  You’re just around the corner of light in the darkness. Hang On. Keep your head up. There is someone right around the corner that God has placed or will place in your life to bring you back from the end of your rope. Hang On.  I love you!  STAND FIRM. STAND STRONG. LET’S ROLL. #RootedInStrengthCA