Skip to main content

Don’t Hold Back


 Why is it that when we start to find things difficult we hold back? Why is it that when we fault or struggle we hold back? Why is it that when we get injured we hold back? Why do we hold back in life so much?

I’ll tell you why, it’s because we doubt ourselves. We doubt our capabilities. We doubt our potential. We doubt our heart and souls. We doubt what we can be and exceed. We hold back  because we are afraid of dusting ourselves off, healing our wounds, and standing tall because we are afraid that we might return right back to where we were at in the first place and that keeps us down.

Stop holding back from where you can be and need to go. Holding back is crippling to your heart and soul. Holding back physically cripples you. Holding back keeps you from inspiring others and sharing your story of how you triumphed because you didn’t hold back. 

I’ve held back for some time now because of my knee surgery. I’ve held back for some time now because of my Chiari malformation disability. I’ve held back for some time now because I don’t think I’m smart enough or good enough in the educational field. I’ve held back for some time now because the world has been turned upside down and I don’t how to fix it like I usually do.

I’m tired of holding back and you should be too. I’m going to get up every time. I’m going to stand tall. I’m going to run forward with all the hurt, all the pain, all the joy, all the confidence, all the Hope, all the Faith, and all the Love I have in my life because holding back has kept me down and out to often. 

Let’s stop holding back!  I’m ready! You ready? Let’s roll!





#RootedInStrengthCA 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cost

10, 9,... They said count backwards from 10. I didn’t make it past nine. Twelve hours later I opened my eyes (the whole thing took 16 hours). All was blurry, nothing was in focus. I felt heavy, I hurt, I was caged, I had trouble swallowing, and I felt different. Have you ever voluntarily put yourself in a situation where the outcome is not guaranteed, but if you don't, and stay where are at, you progress to being paralyzed or even run the risk of death if you do nothing? This is my story of a second chance at life after my brain surgery and a cost I was willing to take for me, my wife, and my future family (two beautiful amazing kids)! You have a story of a second chance as well with all you have been through.  Let the choices you make in a positive and impactful way cost you everything because the Cost to do nothing is far more expensive. You are worth the cost and so are those you serve around you that need you to make choices. Every day you are going to be presented ...

Let Love Break You

  Love is crucial in our lives and to those that our in our lives.  Love will break through it all.  Let Love speak the truth.  Love hurts.  Love will help you understand what matters.  Love will find you.  Love will unravel you too to Core.  Love will break your heart.  Love will inspire you to believe.  Love will bring you out of the darkness.  Love will make its way to you.  Let Love Break You for out of the break you will truly find what you are looking for and help you find meaning in life.  Let us not live in words or talk of Love but in action with Love.  Act in love don’t just talk about it.  Love on those that need a heart. Love on those that need an ear. Love on those that need a hand.  Show and model Love for others for if someone who has never been loved can not Love.  Love is a heart attitude don’t waste your time being unloving to others even if you feel they don’t deserve it.  Pray a...